Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Quite the eventful day

Yesterday was very much exciting. I went to a funeral for a family friend and afterwards my mom wanted to come over to see all of our cute baby stuff. So she walked into our kitchen and all of the sudden we both heard a car screetch and then we heard a loud bang. First we thought that for sure someone had run into her car because she parked on the curb. We both went running to the front door to see what happened. By the time we got to the door we saw Old faithfull across the street. Some car had drove up onto the curb of the house across from us and hit a fire hydrant and then drove off. What an idiot!!! He must have not been paying attention and then looked up too late after he was up on the curb. But the lamest part was that he drove off and did not take responcibility for his actions. So the fire hydrant was spouting our more water than I have seen in my whole life!!! Our street quickly turned into a river and all of these cars were pulling over to stop and look. I felt like I was in the scene of a movie! Soon three cop cars pulled up and they were followed by a fire truck. After about fifteen minutes they finally got the hydrant shut off. It was so crazy!!! I was glad I had my mom here with me to get excited with.
So after Mike got home that same day we had a job to do. We have had this wasps nest on our back porch for a couple weeks now and I have watched it slowly begin to grow. So I went to the store to buy some spray to kill them. Mike sprayed the nest last night in the dark so we couldn't really see what was going on but he did one quick spray and ran in the house. We grabbed a flashlight and shined it on the ground of our back porch to see what had happened. There were like 35 Yellow jackets on the ground instantly dead. It was so creepy and gross to see 35 little carcasses on the ground. There were also about 30 eggs that they had layed in the nest that fell to the gournd too. It was so crazy and gross!!!! But also kind of exciting:) I am so glad that the nest is gone and I don't have to be afraid to go outside anymore!!



Here is the nest after we sprayed it. It still had a bunch of eggs in it.
Here are all of the yellow jacket carcasses. So creepy!!

This is the old faithfull of Elkelton Blvd!!!! I could feel the spray from the fountain from outside my door.


1 comment: