
Today was quite the adventure!
We were looking at houses the other day and one of the areas we looked at was dictionary hill. This is the tallest hill that you can imagine, well on the way back down it I was pushing the brakes all the way down and we were still moving a little bit. very freaky!!!!! Well this went on almost the whole way down, as you can imagine we ruined our brakes on the car and smelled the intense flavor of burning rubber! So consequently we had to replace the back brakes. If you don't know much about replacing rear brakes they are very complicated. But if you can figure it out it is about a quarter of the cost. So Michael, who is not really a mechanic....to put it nicely, decided to try it, along with the help of my father in law Paul. Well about four hours later they declared...."we are finished!" So natuarlly they decided to take it for a test drive. Come to find out that not only do the back brakes NOT work but the e-brake is now out of commision too! So after all of that labor we had to take it into the shop anyways!!!
The good news is though that the shop said they were installed correctly but they just needed to be adjusted a little bit. So maybe my husband is a better mechanic than I thought:) As you can see by the picture it looks really complicated!! In the end we still saved about a hundred dollars so it was still worth the four hours that Michael put into it.



OH MY GOSH!!!! That is SOOOO scary! I always hated going down that hill. I used to think that my brakes would go out and I'd die any minute! I can't imagine your horror! I'm so glad that they weren't completely out! But what a horrible hill to find out on! I'm glad that everything is fine now! That's awesome that Mike saved you guys $100! lol! May that never happen to you again!
ReplyDeleteYeah that does look complicated lol! I'm sure Michael can do it next time for sure. I know what you mean with the hill, living on the very top for about 7 years. Basically we learned to just fly down and not use the break except in a few spots. I took Matt up the hill to show him where I lived and he couldn't believe the hill. Well I'm glad you got down it safely.
ReplyDeleteYeah I thought you lived up there. I thought of that as we were climbing to our death....or so it felt!
ReplyDeleteGood for Michael for trying. I remember when my lighter wasn't working and you stepped up as the mechanic before michael :)
ReplyDelete