This past weekend we went to our semi-annual family reunion for Michael's family. It was a blast. I think that my favorite part was the family triathlon on Saturday. They did a 400 yard swim, 6 mile bike, and a two mile run. It was short but intense for all of the competitors. I don't think most people understand just how competitive Michael's uncles are. The main competition was between Michael and two of his uncles John and Alan. After the swim Alan was in the lead by far and Michael was in third followed by John in fourth. Alan extended his lead on the bike, and John began closing in on Michael. After the bike Michael caught up to Alan after the first mile. Shortly after this John pulled ahead of Alan. On the last lap Michael was in the lead and then John, who is in REALLY good shape and lost ten pounds just for the race, pulled ahead of Michael and took the lead. He then crossed the finish line in first place, followed by Michael in second, and Alan in third. It was a very exciting race to watch! I am so proud of my husband, he was hoping to come in at least fourth but he came in second......almost first I might add!!!!!!! But it was a lot of fun and I am glad his family is so competitive because it made for a very exciting Saturday morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment